Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Best song of all time

The other day i was reading Brian Anderson's blog. He is the new play by play man for the brewers' tv broadcasts this year (apparently i can't help but mention the brewers in every non-directed post). At the end of his most recent post (from march 26) he posted a link to youtube where there was a clip to CCR performing their song "Midnight Special." This really didn't mean much to me, but for some reason it reminded me of "Hotel California" by The Eagles, so i searched to see if they had any clips of that song being performed. They did, obviously. So I watched it and i came to the realization that this is the best song of all time. I really like The Eagles but they probably aren't even in my top five favorite bands of all time and I think most people would probably say a song by their favorite band is the best ever, but for whatever reason, Hotel California just tops everything i've ever heard, which i think is a lot. I would venture to say that if I was stranded on a desert island and could only listen to one song the entire time it would have to be Hotel California. Maybe it's just this video that made me feel this way, with the 70's hair and mustaches, and of course, Joe Walsh's amazing guitar playing faces. I wish I could provide better reasoning, but I think the best proof is to just go watch the video. I apologize for not just posting it on here, but for some reason youtube won't let me set up my blog to allow me to do that. So here is the link: Hotel California. I hope you enjoy it. Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice. Like you, I have a soft spot for Hotel California (it was actually my senior class' song, but that's another comment), and especially anything Joe Walsh...